[Legal] Fw: Re: [Osdem]Software patents. Speak now.

Alexander Bokovoy a.bokovoy на sam-solutions.net
Пн Фев 24 11:33:38 MSK 2003

Результаты голосования в Европарламенте по вопросам software-патентов.

----- Forwarded message from David GLAUDE Mailing <dglaudemailing на gmx.net> -----

Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 22:18:34 +0100
From: David GLAUDE Mailing <dglaudemailing на gmx.net>
To: osdem на lists.raphinou.com
Subject: Re: [Osdem]Software patents. Speak now.

Peter Vandenabeele wrote:
>On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 03:05:30PM +0100, xdrudis на tinet.org wrote:
>
>>>The vote in ITRE might be delayed... but still tomorow or next
>>>meeting they will have to vote.
>
>Does anone know the exact status in ITRE ?

The vote took place at the expected date.

Apparently it was rather positive from a eurolinux point of view.
Not all amendment we liked did pass, in particular it seems that
amendment relative to force_of_nature => technical did not succeed.
Except for that most of the good did pass and most of the bad have been
rejected.

Now the trick is that whatever we win in CULT (last month) or ITRE (this
month) still has to be voted in JURI. Then the amendment consolidated by
JURI from CULT and ITRE will go to the Session for the first lecture in
Parliament... then... still a long way to go.

We have a month or so to convince JURI MEP and 2 or 3 month to convince
the 626 MEP (or at least those not member of CULT, ITRE and JURI). So if
you were too late for ITRE, you can still do something for the other vote
to come.

On the positive side, more and more MEP start to be aware of the risk of
too broad or badly defined patentability limit.

As for the official report from ITRE, I guess next week the document
will be publish on http://www.europarl.eu.int/

David GLAUDE

----- End forwarded message -----

--