[Legal] Fwd: Re: Bugfinder Being Indicted As Criminal ("Counterfeiter") in France

Michael Shigorin mike на osdn.org.ua
Пн Апр 5 12:15:02 MSD 2004

----- Forwarded message from K-OTiK Security <Special-Alerts на k-otik.com> -----

Date: 2 Apr 2004 14:38:55 -0000
From: K-OTiK Security <Special-Alerts на k-otik.com>
To: bugtraq на securityfocus.com
Subject: Re: Bugfinder Being Indicted As Criminal ("Counterfeiter") in France

well ! this story is just a beta version of the new french liberticide law wich will come into effect very soon (next week).

France became a pseudo-monarchical-democracy, where the laws are made without requiring the opinion of the concerned people.

The article 323-3-1 of this "Law" will prohibit publication of any vuln. technical details, any proof of concept and any exploit.

We can see that "searching & finding vulnerabilties" is/and will be a crime !

The legislators forgot that finding vulnerabilties and publishing exploits is not the cause of the problem, it's just a consequence of the insecurity.

They want to show reality as they wish it, and not as it exists ...

God bless (in)security and god bless (in)liberty !

Bekrar Chaouki - Security Consultant
http://www.k-otik.com

----- End forwarded message -----

--