[Legal] Fwd: Re: Full-Disclosure is now ILLEGAL in France ! (Vulnerabilties, Technical details, Exploits ...)

Michael Shigorin mike на osdn.org.ua
Сб Апр 10 00:16:38 MSD 2004

----- Forwarded message from Chris Johnson <johnson на nmr.mgh.harvard.edu> -----

Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 11:58:24 -0400 (EDT)
From: Chris Johnson <johnson на nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
To: Geoffrey <esoteric на 3times25.net>
Subject: Re: Full-Disclosure is now ILLEGAL in France ! (Vulnerabilties,
 Technical details, Exploits ...)
Cc: K-OTiK Security <Special-Alerts на k-otik.com>,
	<bugtraq на securityfocus.com>,

On Fri, 9 Apr 2004, Geoffrey wrote:

> Chris Johnson wrote:
>
> >      This is and always has been in the Napoleonic Code if I remember
> > correctly from my school days.
>
> Then you don't want to do business in Louisiana, USA either then.  The
> laws there are based on the Napoleonic code as well.  One reason they
> have parishes rather than counties..

     I should have been more explicit.  The assumption of guilt
before innocense is a part of French law and has been since Napoleonic
times I believe.  You'll find that Napoleonic law and that which is
derived from it (including Louisiana law) is a very different creature
than that which is derived from English Common Law.  The wording of
the French law doesn't surprise me at all.

Chris Johnson               |Internet: johnson на nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Systems Administrator       |Web:      http://www.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/~johnson
NMR Center                  |Voice:    617.726.0949
Mass. General Hospital      |FAX:      617.726.7422
149 (2301) 13th Street      |If ignorance is bliss, why aren't there more
Charlestown, MA., 02129 USA |happy people?    Tea bag tag

----- End forwarded message -----

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <mike на altlinux.ru>